Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A new image?

It's time for some self exploration, as well as an expanded definition of what I want this blog to be.

I started this blog with the intention of posting rants and raves about various geeky things, the occasional game review, and as a home for my blogcomic. However, I am a fickle creature and while I occasionally have a lot to say about those things, and I have this great idea for a blogcomic (Really, I do! It's got Cthulhu in it! Who doesn't love Cthulhu?), I don't seem to have the energy? More like focus. To post with any sort of regularity on any of those topics, or any topic at all.

I used to be a blogger. Back in the day I was addicted to LiveJournal. I had a HUGE number of people following my blog, and I, too, followed a huge number of people. At some point I just stopped caring. About the blog. About the people, or at least about their blogs. A few of them I still talk to, but our interactions are entirely outside of the blog world. I didn't have time to follow all the blogs I was supposed to, and I lost interest in posting constantly. My blog, originally a place for me to rant and rave about the things in my head, whatever they might be, had become a place of self absorption and angst. (I was told my LJ was angstier than a White Wolf book! WTF?)

Now, years later, I want to blog again with some semblance of regularity. I want to express myself, but with less angst. Less self absorption. Less whining.

I want the things I say to be meaningful, not only to me, but hopefully to others out there in the blog world. I want to talk about really geeky things, but I also want to talk about life, the things I'm going through, and how I'm dealing with them.

I am not the most eloquent person, nor am I the most wise or intelligent. My story and life is no better or worse than anyone else's. It's just who I am, though maybe not who I want to be.

This blog is going to be the place where I put down my thoughts. Where I sort through my own head, and hopefully it will become that place where I do post that blog comic I SWEAR I'm going to do. (Just not sure when.) It will not just be geekery, it will be life.

No comments:

Post a Comment