Friday, November 26, 2010

ColorPic - Short Review

As a designer it's useful, if not downright mandatory, to know all the information you can about the colors you're using, not least being the hexadecimal number. Web deisgners, programmers, and anyone creating anything for the web need this information.

I recently started creating web designs and I needed the hex number for some of the colors I was using. I haven't found anything in Adobe that tells me this (there might be something built in, please tell me if there is!), and so a quick search yielded immediate results.

I found ColorPic by Iconico. It's a simple, easy to use, free program that tells you everything you could ever need to know about a color anywhere on your screen. You can get it's hex and decimal number, the RGB values, the CMYK values, and it converts the color to websafe with just a click of the button. How cool is that?

Another great thing about the program is that it magnifies the section of the screen so you can quickly and easily select the individual pixel you're trying to get. Handy for those intricate images you're trying to get the color pallet for.


EDIT: I just found where I can find the hex number in Adobe. I knew it had to be in there somewhere! Even so, this program is still really neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment